I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

donderdag 8 augustus 2013

How to remove silver stains?

Many of you wet platers will have the same problem:
Silver stains on your clothes.
 
It always happens too your favourite jeans or blouse.
Well, don't worry.
They are quite easy too remove.
In this case I have been using a few drops of KCN.
But it can also done with a normal rapid fixer (pure)
 
Just put a few drops on the silver stains and leave it for a few hours
After it has dried you will notice that the stains are completely gone.
 
When you have been using KCN, don't forget to wash it before you put it on again!
You can also use this trick with stains on a carpet or floor.
Make sure you cover everything when using KCN !!!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten