I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

vrijdag 2 maart 2012

Ready for the exhibition

(almost) everything is framed for my exhibition in Enschede.
Varnished my last 20x20" plate yesterday and is ready to mount this afternoon.
Thats what they call "just in time".......

This last one is also my all time favourite. Had a shoot before this one , and nothing but troubles. I even had a small flood in my darkroom. Bit of panic at that time.

Took a drink (limonade....), cleaned a plate, poured, et Voila.....
A plate of my "little" girl

This one is incredibly sharp. Unbilievable that such an old handmade lens can produce such details wide open.

20 x 20"black glass ambrotype
7 secs exposure time
Voigtlander 24"4.5 ( incredible lens !!)
Rapid fixer



1 opmerking:

  1. That's wonderful! How can you obtain so great contrast? I hope I will learn this technique at the workshop in April :-)
    Bye bye
    Davide

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen